Dressing Up: Dreaming of Colder Weather
July 25, 2012 § Leave a comment
Autumn is still a few weeks off, but I’m already dreaming of what I plan to wear when the seasons finally change. I can’t help it. I love dressing for cold weather. I love chunky scarves, over-sized sweaters, knee high boots, and super opaque tights. Oh, how I love my tights!
Of course, it’s not just the clothing that I love about fall, though I will say that is probably about 70% of it. The other 30% is made up of the scents, flavors, colors, and making plans for the holiday season (I am a freak for all things Christmas, as you will soon see). I am happiest bundled up against the cold, cradling a cup of warm coffee in my hands. Savoring it for both the extremely necessary caffeine boost as well the pleasure I get from feeling the warmth that slides down my esophagus and into my stomach with every sip. Or in bed, wrapped up in my flannel sheets very early in the morning, listening to the wind and rain beating against my bedroom window while I doze for a few more minutes before leaving my nice warm bed.
I could go on for days. I won’t, but I could.
So I have been planning. More specifically, before I begin to budget for and/or covet specific items, I am collecting inspiration. I’m putting together a plan. I like to shop with a mission, so that is what I am putting together right now. A very thorough, detailed mission. So far the mission is looking very French inspired, with some rugged, outdoorsy elements. I like the mission. The mission excites me.